Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915F

rcooley25
Level 11

AS you know the above metioned form will not be available to E file     untill 2/16/23.  Since some states will not print up if forms are not  ready yet would this federal form stop the state forms from printing up?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Tehn answer me this please. I just prepared an Illinois state tax return that will not print up because they say not all of the forms have been approved.But when I look at all of the forms non has been marked not ready yet.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant speak for IL, but I just printed a 2022 CA return where the federal included the 8915F.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I have disovered the problem. The tax return that I am talking about envolves estimated tax vouchers for 2023. It appears the the great State of Illinois has not yet  given this information to proseries so they can put it into the system and therfor the system will not let us print up the entire state return. Tell; the system to not print up the estimated vouchers and the tax return prints just fine. Lisa if you or anyone else reading this has any Idea when Illinois is going to get up off of their duff and get that information to proseries I certainly would like to hear fom you.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It shows therye ready, you may want to run an update or even repair updates.  If you have background updates activated, but you never completely shut down and restart your program, they dont get installed, so maybe a reboot is all it needs.
iles.png

rcooley25
Level 11

I have done this and it still does not work. After spending almost an hour with intuit according to them the federal form  8915F not being ready for E Filing s what is keeping the state tax return from printing. Since the State of Illinois does not tax retirement income anything from the federal concerning retirement income is transfered to  the state of Illinois. Unless you have some other information that I am not awaree of it looks like I will have to wait until Feb. 16th to print up this form. As always your coment on this will be greatly welcome.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Must be an IL limitation, my CA return prints out fine.  It does give me a big warning to Update Products when I go to print it, but I choose Print anyhow and Fed and CA print out, just the 8915F has a big watermark all over it that its not final.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I do know that if there is a form that Illinois needs and has not been finakise yet the program will not print.

I dont think California is as strict on this.

0 Cheers