Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORM 8915-E availability

mm1
Level 5

I have a taxpayer with a covid qualifying early IRA distribution. There is a box to check on the 1099-R entry worksheet but nothing happens when you check it other than it turns red. I looked for the 8915-E form which I know I need to complete and there is nothing on Proseries for that Form. I tried to find out through forms availability when it would be available and found nothing there unless I missed it in the massive file listing that was not in any order of Form number. 

Does anyone know if Proseries is going to support Form 8915-E? and if so, when i

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

When you encounter that jumbled mess, use Ctrl + F to search and you should be able to find this not too helpful listing:

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final on 02/25/2021, EF Not Allowed

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

When you encounter that jumbled mess, use Ctrl + F to search and you should be able to find this not too helpful listing:

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final on 02/25/2021, EF Not Allowed

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

"unless I missed it in the massive file listing that was not in any order of Form number."

Yes, that is correct.

Also: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/retirement-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-8...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
diamondblu7
Level 1

Apparently the data on intuit is wrong. I just talked to a support rep and they said 2/25 is no longer the day. We'll have to wait until after 3/1. They said it was on the IRS. However, the dates on their site continue to move. Wish I just knew the truth and had a date to rely on. What is frustrating is having to refresh all the time meanwhile TurboxTax is spamming my email for me to finish my return at a discount. Dude, if you all get your app working I will. Going to try other vendors to be on the safe side. The past two years it's been that way.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@diamondblu7 

"Apparently the data on intuit is wrong. I just talked to a support rep and they said 2/25 is no longer the day. We'll have to wait until after 3/1. They said it was on the IRS. However, the dates on their site continue to move. Wish I just knew the truth and had a date to rely on. What is frustrating is having to refresh all the time meanwhile TurboxTax is spamming my email for me to finish my return at a discount."

But this is not a TurboTax Community. That isn't the software being used here.

This applies to the software in use here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

For ProSeries:

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final on 02/25/2021, EF on 02/25/2021
Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Spouse) Final on 02/25/2021, EF on 02/25/2021

0 Cheers
Sweens10
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  It's 03/25/23 and I can't get the loan repayment entered on a 1099-R. Once the program gets updated, the repayment amount should post to the 8915-E worksheet.

Any updates or eta on the fix?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Sweens10 

This topic is from two years ago. That means you are not having the same issue, unless you really are preparing a 2020 tax return for your client.

Also, this is not a Loan repayment topic. It's for Form 8915, which is disaster distributions.

Further, the Form for 2021 and beyond is Form 8915-F. This topic is for Form 8915-E.

All of which is why you should start a new topic on your specific and current issue. Thanks.

0 Cheers