Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8879 print out does not show the Tax YEAR "2020"

dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

How come the printed form 8879 prints out as blank 'tax year", it does not indicate to the top right where it normally does for all prior years, what tax year it is. There is no where in the form that it indicates for what year the form is? Can this be fixed?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

New year, new form.  If you want the date on it, you have to type it or write it in by hand.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The IRS changed the form.

There is a line next to "Part 1" that you are supposed to enter the year.  ProSeries SHOULD be filling in that automatically, but it is not.

dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

Thank you. Something new to do in Form 8879. Thank you

IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't notice that the year wasn't on it initially.  So to be consistent, I am leaving it blank.  The form has 2020 amounts on it and it is being stuck in a file with the 2020 returns ------------------- CAGMC.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I'm doing the same thing.   🙂

clr600
Level 8

This is like a dead horse no matter how many times you kick it it ain't getting up.

dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

It's 2021, and it's still happening. 

This should be a simple fix, especially when it worked in 2019 and before. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@dbtaxsolutions    There is nothing to fix because it's meant to be this way.  IRS changed the 8879 effective 2020.  The year no longer prints in upper right hand corner.  It prints in Part I - Tax Return Information  --- Enter the tax year you are authorizing.....xxxx