Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8621 rollover from 2019 to 2020

mark8
Level 4

Will the tax programme rollover data from 2019 Form 8621 to 2020 or does everything have to be reentered?  Thanks

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

The year-to-year converter issues with Form 5471 and Form 8621 are noted and the development team estimates a fix by the end of the month.   

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There's another thread asking the same thing about the 5471, you may want to scroll down the list of posts and tag onto it since therye both relating to foreign income.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mark8
Level 4

Thank you for the message I will attempt to transfer again and see if that makes a difference.  Might have to wait for a later version to be updated.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Add onto this thread, I think an Intuit employee is checking on the 5471 issue of not rolling over....maybe you can get them to check on your 8621 form as well

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/form-5471-rollover-from...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

I marked Mark's earlier posting of this same issue as to be removed, since it has been posted three times, now, and is being addressed. No need to keep starting fresh for the same issue.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

The year-to-year converter issues with Form 5471 and Form 8621 are noted and the development team estimates a fix by the end of the month.   

mark8
Level 4

I know it is going to be sorted out nowbut does that mean I have to rollover the 2019 again in order to activate the update please?

0 Cheers
LesEdy
Level 3

Hello, can we get an update on when the Form 8621/5471 rollover/converter will be implemented?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

The Form 8621 and Form 5471 rollover/converter work is being released this week.

0 Cheers
mark8
Level 4

MAny thanks for the update.  I have already transferred my clients from 2019 to the new 2020 programme.  For those clients that had a Form 8621 in 2019 will I need to transfer them over again in order for the update to take effect please?

Take care

0 Cheers
LesEdy
Level 3

I'm pretty sure you'll have to re-transfer,I don't see how they could modify your already transferred files.  

mark8
Level 4

That is what I was thinking, many thanks

0 Cheers