Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8606 not added in filed copy of tax return when client has non deductible IRA contribution

jokey58
Level 2

My client contributed to 401K and traditional IRA both which makes his traditional IRA contribution non deductible. After adding IRA contribution in IRA contribution worksheet, Proseries is not adding form 8606 to e-filing copy of forms. How do we force Proseries to add form 8606 in filed copy of the tax return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jokey58
Level 2

The latest update (released today) for Proseries Basic has corrected this problem. Form 8606 is now correctly being pulled in filed copy of tax return.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its adding it in mine, use Print Preview, its not in your list?  or do you see it on the list on the screen, but nothing comes out of the printer?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jokey58
Level 2

Lisa,

Form 8606 is NOT showing up in list of forms added under "Filing Copy" tab. Its also missing in Print Preview. Are you using "Proseries Basic"?

Capture.JPG

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Is the 8606 showing up on one of the bottom 'tabs'?

0 Cheers
jokey58
Level 2

If I manually select Form 8606 then I can see the form and content in it. However Form 8606 is not automatically added to Filing Copy or Customer copy. Its not even added in printed copy of the tax return. I am using Proseries Basic, 

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

That is normal as form 8606 is not required to be sent if you don't make any non-deductible IRA's in the current year.  But you can always force print in print options.

0 Cheers
jokey58
Level 2

In my case the client HAS non deductible IRA since he contributed to both 401K and Traditional IRA. It appears that Proseries Professional automatically adds this form to filed copy but Proseries Basic is not adding it.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Change your prints options for Control Which Forms Print.   Mark it to print if Any Data....see if that forces it to be included.      

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

From reading other posts on this forum, there seem to be quite a number of problems right now with 8606 and how the program taxes IRAs.  So you may need to wait for some updates.

jokey58
Level 2

The weird part is Form 8606 is correctly added to Filing Copy if you use Proseries Professional software. But in Proseries Basic software the form is not included at all.

0 Cheers
lpv
Level 1

I am on Proseries technical now and they are saying the same thing. I am in Proseries Basic and earlier versions on 2 computer did print for nondeductible IRA and basis information. When updated recently, Form 8606 is no longer in the print screen. This needs to be fixed in Basic.

0 Cheers
jokey58
Level 2

The latest update (released today) for Proseries Basic has corrected this problem. Form 8606 is now correctly being pulled in filed copy of tax return.

0 Cheers