Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8606 Line 15c

jsmazza0331
Level 3

Has anyone had a problem with line 15c on Form 8606 not calculating?

Thanks,

Joe 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Laidbak
Level 1

Yes. 8606 Line 15a minus Line 15b -0- does not compute Line 15c ???

Ed

What to do?? I know the answer, but how do I tell the program?

0 Cheers
jsmazza0331
Level 3

That is the problem, we know what the amount on line 15c should but it does not compute.

0 Cheers
FrankK
Level 4

I filed my own tax return on 2/7 and Form 8606 worked correctly at that time.  It correctly calculated the gross and taxable parts of distributions.  And I had both basis in IRAs and a partial Roth conversion thrown into the mix.  

I just re-opened my return and observed the same problem that you are reporting.  Now it is only showing the taxable part of the Roth conversion as income on the front of 1040.  The taxable part of other IRA distributions is MIA.

This is a MAJOR problem and is in need of a fix pronto.

And I am so disappointed that I am not getting literally thousands more in the form of a refund...

0 Cheers
FrankK
Level 4

I just tested it, and you can override 15c and type in the correct amount. Then the computation carries forward correctly to the 1040.

Of course PS will gripe at you about overrides if you try to e-file it.

0 Cheers
mdilts
Level 2

Agreed it worked fine a week or so ago now 15c is coming up zero.

0 Cheers
mdilts
Level 2

Yes, same problem. Spent hours trying to figure out if I did something wrong! Something needs to be fixed.

0 Cheers
jsmazza0331
Level 3

PS has corrected  the problem. Form 8606 line 15c will compute correctly once you download the latest update.

Joe 

0 Cheers