Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7202 Flowthrough to 1040

nancy2
Level 5

I have completed form 7202 for the self employed sick leave credit.  The credit amount is calculated but it does not flow through to Form 1040, Sch 3.  I tried overriding that box on Sch 3 but then it gives me an error and says I won't be able to electronically file the return.  Any thoughts or suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Also, just noticed that when the return is printed, form 7202 is not printing.  Additionally, the name of the taxpayer is not appearing on the program form 7202.  It's on the left hand corner of forms for the return.  It has the information I have entered, but it's somehow not connected to the return.  What am I doing wrong here?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

7202attach.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You need to follow the money on the 7202 to see the credit, does Line 24 show the credit amount? ...mine flows to Sch 3 without any issues.

7202 needs to be printed alone and saved a PDF and attached to the return for Efiling.
Once you attach the file, and choose the correct description in the attachment window, the Efile error goes away.

nancy2
Level 5

Thanks for the reply.  

Actually, for some reason the 7202 was showing as for a spouse.  This return does not have a spouse.  Through the cross reference option I was able to do another 7202 for the taxpayer.  Now it flows through.  

TAXMANPAT
Level 2

Has the drop down entry to attach a .pdf of Form 7202 evaporated?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

7202attach.png

TAXMANPAT
Level 2

Hi Lisa,

I've been attaching 7202 all season as you highlighted.  Zero issues until the most recent patch, the 7202 choice on the dropdown menu has dissapeared. All the other options are there as always.

Is this system wide or a bizarre issue with my Proseries?

If it is by design, what now?

Pat 

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thanks for the update.

Just had the same issue. Been using the dropdown & PDF attach, but the description has vanished.

0 Cheers