Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441 Form

VEP
Level 1

Client is filing married filing separtely, with 2 dependent childred (3 & 5 years old) with child care expenses

that total 12,400.00.  Information will not calulate on 2441, do not understand why.  I see a box that I need to check on the top of the form for MFS, but I do not see how.

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

Program does need spouse income in order to not alot a higher % to the daycare expense.  So scroll your little #$@& down to the section under line 18 and enter spouse income in smart worksheet box B.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Why are they filing separate? Did they live apart the last 6 months of the year? heres the rules for MFS and child care credit
https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i2441#idm140196971272704

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Married filing separate always makes the tax returns so much fun, doesn't it?

taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

Program does need spouse income in order to not alot a higher % to the daycare expense.  So scroll your little #$@& down to the section under line 18 and enter spouse income in smart worksheet box B.

VEP
Level 1

Thank you for the reply, It worked.

0 Cheers