Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2210

jennisbsvb
Level 3

Is there a way to remove or suppress Form 2210? It is calculating for every single 1040 and it is not applicable in 90% of the returns. 

Updated: The Form 2210 is calculating on every single 1040. All of these are simple, no balance due mostly never had a balance due. I checked the box to have the IRS calculate the penalty and the box #9 "No you don't owe a penalty. Don't file form 2210 unless box E below applies". Neither of these remove the Form 2210. I have updated the program. I have looked in global options to see if there's an option to exclude unless penalty is calculated. I'm stumped. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jennisbsvb
Level 3

UPDATE Per ProSeries: Form 2210 populates with every tax return because of IRS requirements. In the printing set up, make sure 2210 is "if required" for FC, CC & PC. If the form is not applicable to a specific return, check box B and C and "no" in box 9 on the 2210. The form will not print or efile but will remain a form in use on the tax return. If the form is required, it is not ready to efile until 2/25/21.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Mohamed
Level 3

Not in Proseries, i used to remove it in ATX , but you can work around it

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I am not sure, but is there a box to check to have the IRS calculate the penalty?

0 Cheers
jennisbsvb
Level 3

Yes, there is on the Form 2210 but it doesn't remove the form. I need it removed because it is calculating on every 1040 and the form isn't final until 2/25. There is no reason for us to wait for this form to finalize when it shouldn't even be populating in the first place. 

0 Cheers
Mohamed
Level 3

Or you can check box there is no tax liability in 2019

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Check to see under print options if you checked the box to always print form 2210.

jennisbsvb
Level 3

UPDATE Per ProSeries: Form 2210 populates with every tax return because of IRS requirements. In the printing set up, make sure 2210 is "if required" for FC, CC & PC. If the form is not applicable to a specific return, check box B and C and "no" in box 9 on the 2210. The form will not print or efile but will remain a form in use on the tax return. If the form is required, it is not ready to efile until 2/25/21.

0 Cheers