Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1310 Major Errors

poolcleaner
Level 9

In the process of filing the first Form 1310 for the year, has no one checked that form for errors? The word decedent is spelled decendent! Then the form not only does not make it clear that the person filing for the refund's name must be shown but that line is missing from the form. I am having to use a form from the IRS website to send with the return.  It is now July 7, 2020 and surely someone else has had this issue.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@poolcleaner wrote:

In the process of filing the first Form 1310 for the year, has no one checked that form for errors? The word decedent is spelled decendent! Then the form not only does not make it clear that the person filing for the refund's name must be shown but that line is missing from the form. I am having to use a form from the IRS website to send with the return.  It is now July 7, 2020 and surely someone else has had this issue.

It says DECEDENT over the deceased person's name (at the very top of the form).

It says DECENDENT (that IS misspelled, but doesnt appear on the actual form) over the name of the person claiming the refund (the second name shown at the top of the form, below the decedents name)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

The form prints correctly but the form visible in the return does not have a line for the name of  the executor.  I do not like to see misspelled words, particularly on IRS forms

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The person thats claiming the refund (is that the executor?) the name goes here...

1310.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

I agree, but the ProSeries form deviates from the IRS version in that it does not have description of whose name should be on the line in question.  The IRS version says "Name of person claiming refund" in the box for that line.  You and I know what goes there but someone filling out a 1310 for the first time would have a good chance of being confused. I appreciate your help!

0 Cheers