Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1116 Rejection

CharlieCPA
Level 1

Client return is being rejected saying something is missing or invalid on form. No errors show on review and return converts properly. Only when I try to e-file do I have a problem. Below is a copy of rejection:

Return History:
Status Status Date
Return Rejected 03/07/2021
Code: /Return/ReturnData/I
Form: Default Form Form Copy:
Line #: 00
Description: /Return/ReturnData/IRS1116/ForeignTaxCreditSource/ForeignTaxesPaidOrAccruedDt
Error Detail:
Data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries.

Error Resolution:
There was an issue with the submission of this return. Please review the entries on form 1116 and resubmit this return. If you continue to have trouble with the submission of this return you may want to consider filing through US Mail.

Status Status Date
Return Received by Intuit 03/07/2021
Status Status Date
Return Transmitted 03/07/2021
Status Status Date
Return Ready to Transmit 03/07/2021

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

21 Comments 21
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah something does not sound right there. If there were errors they should have been highlighted and you would have known before e-filing it. Also that is not a form that is prone to be rejected... It is not that complicated .. maybe there will be an update soon for this. I have not had any problems with this form so far. Good luck.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I saw you post over in FB, and you said you updated today, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

First check if you actually need the form. Elect out if you don't.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I thought this had been fixed, I see its still an issue for some.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/re-form-1116-rejection...

0 Cheers
CharlieCPA
Level 1

Yes, I updated today.

0 Cheers
N411BC
Level 3

Same issue tried everything I can think of

0 Cheers
gg1961
Level 1

Same problem - no apparent differences in formatting or numbers since last year. 
My rejection is just 
/Return/ReturnData/IRS1116/ForeignTaxCreditSource/ForeignTaxesPaidOrAccruedDt

Not sure if that means date but its the same format as last year 12/31/2020 vs 12/31/2019

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo   still no word on this?  no program alert? Its been over a week now.

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

No update yet: I do have a meeting with the ProSeries team tomorrow and will see if they have any updates.  I'll follow up as soon as I learn more.  Appreciate your patience as we work through this. 

-Betty Jo 

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

This issue is scheduled to be resolved in Thursdays release. We appreciate your continued patience as we work through this. Please follow this thread for the latest updates: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-1116-rejection-up...

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
gg1961
Level 1

Well today is Friday 12th. 

Resubmitted return - the issue remains - immediately rejected by e-filing system:/Return/ReturnData/IRS1116/ForeignTaxCreditSource/ForeignTaxesPaidOrAccruedDt - We encountered an issue processing your e-filed return. Please review the "ForeignTaxesPaidOrAccruedDt" on Form "1116" in the section "ForeignTaxCreditSource".
The problem appears to be in the Form 1116 AMT submission even though all the numbers, dates and formatting of the return look exactly the same as last year. Others have said that not doing the simplified AMT calculation solves the problem, but I do not want to have to ask the IRS for permission to change. 
Please fix this Intuit - many users seem to have the same problem. 

0 Cheers
CharlieCPA
Level 1

Where does this stand Betty Jo? Still a problem for me.

0 Cheers
hchen
Level 1

I'm seeing a similar error. At first I thought the 1116 form was missing either the foreign-income source country or the date when the foreign taxes were paid. I compared my 2019 return against the current 2020 return. All required fields are exactly the same. I'm lost and very frustrated.

ERROR MESSAGE:

We walked through the exact same form Q&A process Let's take a look at your return Description of error: We encountered an issue processing your e-filed return. Please review the "ForeignTaxesPaidOrAccruedDt" on Form "1116" in the section "ForeignTaxCreditSource". What needs to be done: There was an issue with the submission of this return. To correct, navigate to the Deductions & Credits Tab, under the Menu heading Estimates and Other Taxes Paid choose Foreign Tax Credit. Proceed to answer all the question in the topic. After this, in the Review Tab verify that you have cleared any error messages that are present in the return and resubmit this filing. If you continue to have issues with submission of this filing you can choose to file using US Mail.

0 Cheers
Sharp
Level 2

I have the exact same issue with two clients.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!

taxsoftware
Level 3

Still a problem for me, too, as of 3/19/21.  And only on one return - one that doesn't need the form, oddly.  Not a problem on returns that do.  Very odd.

I regularly work in 3 separate Intuit products, and none of them work this season.  It's maddening.

0 Cheers
sstreit
Level 2

I am having this issue as well.  No errors in the return when I do the check but gets rejected when trying to e-file due to a problem with the Form 1116.  My client does have foreign tax credit carryforwards.  I have seen a few people mention that it might be the carryovers causing the problem?  I haven't seen any posts on this issue in the several weeks so am wondering if there is a workaround or something I haven't seen?  I am current on all software updates if there was a fix.

sstreit
Level 2

I am having an issue with a return rejecting due to Form 1116.  It seems like this issue was supposed to have been fixed a month or so ago.  I have no errors showing up in my return but still getting rejected.  Have tried numerous times with "fixes" others had mentioned in previous posts and its still not going through.  Is there any update on this situation?  Thank you

0 Cheers
CL1634
Level 1

Today is April 15th, 2021.  I don't think the issue is fully resolved as I am still having the same issue with the same message. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Proseries last night. They downloaded a refresh version of Proseries on my laptop and that did not help.  35 minutes with the IRS today and still no solution.  None of them can tell me what is going and why the Form 1116 is rejecting.  

0 Cheers
CL1634
Level 1

Same for me here on April 15th.

0 Cheers
rc21
Level 1

It is May 18th 2021 with the latest software update, and I still get the same error. I tried various things, but every time gets rejected with the same error:

/Return/ReturnData/IRS1116/ForeignTaxCreditSource/USTaxWithheldOnInterestAmt - Data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries.

Can Intuit please look into it at the earliest.

0 Cheers
GB2
Level 1

June 18 - same rejection! What is the fix????!!!!!

0 Cheers