Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 1099B

WAC57
Level 1

I have a client who has multiple brokerage accounts with the same firm. They also have significant trades within each category: ST and LT covered and non covered. The form 1099B will not allow various for dates of sales-wherein prior years i could summarize each category.as various as long as it was within the proper category

Now what do i do for 2020?? DO I have to enter each sale for each security???

Almost an impossibility

Please help

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

The 1099-B Worksheet is fine for the covered transactions.  That's most of what I see these days -- the uncovered goes back to purchases before 2012, or some exotic investments.  Attach a copy or pdf of them, if that's easier than entering them individually.  Or I think IRS will accept Various, even if the software demands otherwise.  

WAC57
Level 1

I can go with various but will the intuit process the efiling with error messages??

Thank you for responding

I can download the 1099 statements and attach as pdf's but do i still enter the summary gains and losses on Sch D?

0 Cheers