Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065

M3
Level 2

On the Sch K-1 Wks for a particular partner I keep getting an error message that the Social Security Number is invalid.  Yet it is the same number of the Schedule K-1 and the PR.  It is valid.  It is also the same as 2018. I can't override this error and I can't eFile with it.  Anyone know what is going on or can help?

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
greenfarms
Level 3

should do on schedule c of personal return 1040

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Be sure its marked as an Individual.....youve hit enter and gone down to the next line, I feel like I saw an SSN error when I entered one at one point but as soon as I moved past that entry box, it disappeared.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
M3
Level 2

Thanks Lisa!

But I did try that.  But still not working.  It is baffling! And Annoying!

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I think as you enter the rest of the partners the error goes away

0 Cheers
M3
Level 2

There is only one partner!

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

lol... cannot have a one partner partnership unless they have split personality i guess

M3
Level 2

Hahaha!  Good catch.  It's a single member LLC, that needs to file a tax return, for other reasons.  

0 Cheers
greenfarms
Level 3

should do on schedule c of personal return 1040

0 Cheers
M3
Level 2

I think you are right...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ohhh...so its not a partnership?  SMLLCs are reported on Sch C.  

Theres a box near the top of Sch C you may need to mark if yorue an SMLLC in certain states, so that the state LLC form will populate the figures.

0 Cheers
onestop73
Level 3

Hello,

This is an old post; however, it is a similar situation I am dealing with. A new client came in, insist that he files a 1065 for his partnership, which I asked for copies of last years he filed. I reviewed 2018,2019 & 2020 all filed with 1065 and K-1s only to him, one partner. He used to have a partner in the beginning but now it's only him. How can the errors on the partners be bypassed when only one member is listed? I am baffled how the other offices filed. He said he never given them any information on the old partner, and they have filed his return as one partner, General partner, domestic and type of partner noted as Disregarded entity. I have it exactly the same as prior year, but I am dealing with this partner social security information issue on the K-1 worksheet. Any idea how a 1065 return can be filed with only one partner?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Need at least 2 people to be a partnership, so it sounds like its being done incorrectly.  Is there a reason he still wants to file as a partnership?  

If you want to follow along with how its been done incorrectly, you may be able to EFile as is, jut uncheck the Error Checking box on the Convert for EF box

M3
Level 2

Yes, I agree it was being done incorrectly.  There would have been a lot of overrides to make it happen.  If your client doesn't know why it was done this way, I would just start doing it correctly this year.  🙂

onestop73
Level 3

Your right, it should be the schedule C for this SMLLC, but just in case client wants to continue such way how do I get to that Convert EF Box? I not very familiar with the Pro side of this, as I mostly use the basic. How to get to unclick that error checking box?

Thank you for replying in such busy times.

0 Cheers
onestop73
Level 3

Yes, I will surely try to explain that it needs to be done right this time and going forward. Not trying to follow the wrong crowd, thus why I am here asking away. 😁

0 Cheers