Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 1065 "access denied"

R G Clark
Level 2

I can't get into the partnership return that I worked on just last Friday.  "Access denied. You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."  This is nonsense.  How do I solve the problem?  Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Fabian
Level 4

This is not a ProSeries error. It may be an error that ProSeries encounters when trying to open your tax return file and reports it back to you.

Can you post a screenshot of the error so we can the full context? Use the camera button right above where you type your answer.

0 Cheers
R G Clark
Level 2

Thanks for responding.  After 1.5 hours on hold Tuesday, I got a tech rep at Proseries.  She indicated that the problem is not that unusual and that it may be due to an overly assertive firewall (I use Norton).  That corresponds to what you are saying, that it isn't the tax program.  I deleted the data file through Windows, cleaned it off of my 2020 partnership tax program, waited two days, then transferred data from 2019 back into 2020, intending to re-enter the 2020 data.  This time I got the message before I had a chance to enter any data:  "This file is currently locked by another user".   No error code of any kind.  I went to the Tools and selected Unlock Files and got "The client is currently unlocked" before I had a chance to do anything. 

Last week before this problem arose, I did print out a complete copy of the tax return, so I'm going to have to admit defeat and file paper copies this year.  Fortunately, it's the final year for this partnership.

Thanks again for taking an interest in my problem.

0 Cheers