Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 Sch D transactions transferring to 541 but not correct

njdianala
Level 1

The time to wait to talk to help at Pro Series is over an hour, so has

anyone ever figured out how to stop 1041 Sch D transactions from transferring to 541.

The numbers are wrong for California; I've corrected them, but the program keeps adding

the wrong ones back in; giving me twice the number of transactions.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

All mine appear to be correct.....can you give an example of an entry you made on the 1041 and what it turns into  on the 541?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
njdianala
Level 1

It would be correct, except that the California has adjustments that are not required for the federal return.

Rather than the 541 just showing my changed entries, every time I leave the CA return and come back,

the 1041 Sch D transactions are added, so instead of just the three correct entries,  I have an additional

three entries flowing through from the 1041. I don't know why there isn't just a box to check to say, don't

transfer.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Again, without an example of what type of entry youre referring to, I cant help you decide if what youre seeing is correct or not.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers