Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1040 Form not final, do not file, this morning? Schedule A, form not final? What is going on with forms?? Can't see the status.

Befuddled
Level 1
Status found.  No issues according to list but cannot print without DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL
0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Something weird happened in the updates on Wed/Thurs.   Not everyone is seeing the watermark still.

I had to uninstall the 1040 module and reinstall it for the watermark to go away.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Befuddled
Level 1

How did you 'uninstall the 1040 module" ?  Cannot find that either.

0 Cheers
BIGPETE
Level 3

I uninstalled and reinstalled PS 2021 and all of the watermarks went away. Go to settings, then click on the apps link. Scroll down until you find Proseries 2021 as well as 2021 shared components. Delete them both and then you can proceed to download 2021 from your 2020 software.

0 Cheers
RUSS-KY-TAX
Level 2

has anyone tried this on a network install? I have uninstalled and re-install my network clients and that didnt' fix it. I really don't want to uninstall if from the server but that is the next step to try

0 Cheers
Befuddled
Level 1

I wasted so much time trying to fix I finally gave up and did the reinstall completely. I have to redo the clients I had done so far but it was better than continuing to waste time. Good luck!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You shouldnt need to redo anything, your Data files shouldnt have been touched when you reinstalled.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
All you really need to do is uninstall the 1040 Module in Windows Add/Remove Programs then open the program and reinstall it from Updates > Select and Download New Products

0 Cheers
RUSS-KY-TAX
Level 2

my windows ADD/REMOVE programs only gives me the option to UNINSTALL PROSERIES 2021 or PROSERIES 2021 SHARED COMPONENTS.

I don't have the option to remove/uninstall just 1040 module.

where did you find that?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Once you click to uninstall PS2021 another window opens with choices of which part to uninstall, at least it did on both my Win10 and Win11systems.

RUSS-KY-TAX
Level 2

wahoo, that worked. I was always afraid to click that last ok thinking it might remove everything.

thanks for you help

Russ

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
me too the first time I did it!

0 Cheers