Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fix to extend ny state filing due date

Lennyv
Level 1

get an error message when entering ny state payment date for balance due after 4/15/2021. Is there a workaround in order to efile the return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you updated your software today?

Slava Ukraini!
Lennyv
Level 1

YES! Still shows as an error/ Allowed on Federal Return now.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like they are a little slower to get to NY.  Maybe they are going in alphabetical order and haven't got the to N's yet.

Slava Ukraini!
Maureen W
Level 2

Have they updated the due dates for any states yet? MD extended the deadline even before IRS did and I still cannot schedule an automatice payment for after April 15th without an error message.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Minnesota is updated.

Slava Ukraini!
Maureen W
Level 2

Just found this: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-federal-tax...

And you can subscribe to notifications; been using this software 30 years and never knew when they were coming out with updates on specific items unless I got an alert.

I updated last night and it included the federal deadline, anyone know what time updates are available? I usually do it when I am done for the night.

Lennyv
Level 1

Have still not heard when NY date of 5/17 will be updated.

0 Cheers
Maureen W
Level 2

I haven't either, and the supposed update 3/26 that included a dozen states did not. I still cannot schedule an automatic withdrawal for MD for after April 15th, and they extended to July 15th several weeks before Fed extended. I am now printing vouchers because clients are tired of waiting to file. So the states will have more mail to deal with--ridiculous. I know there have been a lot of changes for 2020 this filing season, but don't promise what you can't deliver.

0 Cheers