Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year Selection on 1041

sdelvalle
Level 1

I am preparing a fiscal year 1041 for a decedent who died on 9/26/2019.  The fiscal year beginning date shows on the return as 9/1/2019, not the date of death.   How can I correct this?  The fiscal year end date of 8/31/2019 is correct on the return.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
poolcleaner
Level 9

May I assume you mean a fiscal year end of 08/31/20 since the person died 09/26/19?  If you correct that date, it should give you the correct beginning date for the fiscal year.

0 Cheers
sdelvalle
Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  I made a mistake on this post: the fiscal year end date on the return is 8/31/20.  I spoke with Intuit Help.  There appears to be no way to change the fiscal year start date to the date of death.  The program automatically defaults to the first day of the month.

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

No, it does not default to the first of the month.  I just checked several returns from 2018 and then entered a dummy return with the dates you have.  it showed the beginning date as 09/26/2019 and the ending date as 08/31/2020.  Something is not right here.

Another Former AllStar

poolcleaner
Level 9

@IntuitBettyJo  Could you please check this out.

0 Cheers