Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First page when opening up a client

Greta
Level 9

I like to see the information page when I first open a client, but it always jumps to some other page. It was a small annoyance to return the information page. A solution?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

From my experience - it has to do with double clicking to open a client.  Sometimes it lands on the Information Worksheet most times not.   Trying using Ctrl+O to open files instead - always starts at the Information Worksheet

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It opens whatever page in the list of forms in use your mouse is hovering over when the file opens....so if you can retrain your brain to move the mouse to the right after you double click the file to open, it will be out of the Forms in Use field area and you'll land at the Fed Info worksheet like expected.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Or better yet....ProSeries  Intuit can change the program so it doesn't do that        

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando  Im not sure if this is part of your area or not, but if you could pass this along somewhere, that would be great!  Minor annoyance, but its new with the 2020 program soooo...maybe its an easy fix?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Greta
Level 9

The information worksheet has all the important stuff you need to start a client. It seems to jump to the ID page which I will get to in due time. Those two extra clicks per client were annoying, I never asked about it earlier because I was too busy, I assumed there was an easy fix. I'll mention it to the "suggestions" Intuit page, they rank it by the number of people who complain about an issue.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

We'll look into it! Thank you for the call out...