Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firm Name EFIN Update - What Prints at Bottom of Return?

SL855
Level 3

Our firm had a name change and I called the IRS to get the name updated on our EFIN application. The first agent was helpful and updated it, but I when I logged in there was a very minor typo. Three subsequent calls to the IRS have not yielded any progress.

I am able to and have changed the "Doing Business As (Trade/Company Name)" in the EFIN application, it is just the "Firm/Organization Legal Name" that I cannot update.

Which name does Intuit use in ProSeries to put as the Firm Name and print at the bottom of the returns? If it's the DBA, then I might be able to save myself several hours of additional calls to the IRS.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When I log into EServices, that first screen shows the name that appears as the Firm name at the bottom of the tax return  Im a sole prop with a DBA and its the DBA that appears..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When I log into EServices, that first screen shows the name that appears as the Firm name at the bottom of the tax return  Im a sole prop with a DBA and its the DBA that appears..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
SL855
Level 3

Thanks. For anyone who happens to find this thread, this appears to be the correct answer. I updated the EFIN with Intuit and it displays the DBA on the returns, not the legal name.