Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

financial institution download

KC1
Level 1

I have client with multiple broker accounts and hundreds of schedule D stock transactions in each account/  I used Financial Institution Download function and imported one account, tied it out to the out 1099 and then went to import another acount and it deleted the first account and replaced it with the 2nd.  I used this function for 2018 and it worked fine.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Do you know you don't have to report each transaction if it meets certain criteria - See Instructions for Schedule D, page D-11, column 3 :  Lines 1a and 8a - Transactions not reported on Form 8949

I have client with same situation - hundreds of stock transactions.   I only have to enter a dozen or so that are wash sales.   The rest meet the requirements per Sched D instructions that can be entered as lump sum on Schedule D.    It is a huge time saver.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, but it don’t work so good this year based on the 1,234 678 posts complaining about it.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Do you know you don't have to report each transaction if it meets certain criteria - See Instructions for Schedule D, page D-11, column 3 :  Lines 1a and 8a - Transactions not reported on Form 8949

I have client with same situation - hundreds of stock transactions.   I only have to enter a dozen or so that are wash sales.   The rest meet the requirements per Sched D instructions that can be entered as lump sum on Schedule D.    It is a huge time saver.  

KC1
Level 1

Thanks dkh for the advice.  In the meantime I had started putting the transaction totals on the "Capital Gain(Loss) Transaction Worksheet" via quick Zoom with attachments showing details of the 1099-B.  In the past this import has worked perfectly.  Thanks again for your response. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

If they are covered transactions with no adjustments you don't need to attach the details either.

Ex-AllStar