Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Review

Karl-M
Level 3

When I try to perform Final review of Individual Federal 1040 in Pro Series 2020, it does the Errors and Omissions, Electronic filing errors ,TSJ Errors, but doesn't do Diagnostics, List of Notes, List of Overrides, nor Unsupported Calculations. Kind of makes the process irrelevant and useless.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

I've read where there has been an issue with the Review just looping because of having a Form1099-NEC in the return.   Do you have 1099NEC? 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Did you uncheck those items from "Review"    ?     Click on Review icon for list of items

Karl-M
Level 3

They were checked to be part of the review. I've been able to get to the last reviews by unchecking the first 3. That is a workaround, NOT a solution.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I've read where there has been an issue with the Review just looping because of having a Form1099-NEC in the return.   Do you have 1099NEC? 

0 Cheers
Karl-M
Level 3

Yes. I do. I'll have many returns with 1099-NEC forms. They are linked to Sch C and S-Corp shareholder returns. I feel bad for the software coders trying to make this all work, but this form wasn't just sprung on the world in December. Should have been time to make it work. There are enough challenges to workflow during the season without adding more. 

I appreciate that you are taking the time to try to help. Thank you.

0 Cheers
Karl-M
Level 3

You are correct. I removed the NEC worksheets and overrode the field with the total. Solved two issues. The Final Review functions correctly now and the Preparer Copy pdf prints the State return and eliminated the Error #352. Until there is a fix, overriding the field on Schedule C is going to generate an e-file errors.

The person I spoke to at Intuit was clueless. Disappointing. I don't know why I continue to expect decent support from Intuit. I'm willing to cut some slack for pandemic staffing issues, but support hasn't been stellar for years from many Intuit products. Grateful when I get real help and solutions(not workarounds). Just wish it happened more often.