Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing for Rebate Credit only.

ritastone001
Level 5

How are we to file a return for clients who have not received all of the stimulus amounts for this year and have only Social security income? I have a few with social security only who did not receive the last stimulus amounts. I can see that most of these have started drawing SS in the last year or so. Will electronic filing system accept 0 returns this year? Or do we just do $1 income?  I have searched tax topics on this forum and everything seems to come up prior to 2021. IRS. gov from what I can see, is not specific to 0 taxable income. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Minnette
Level 2

Use the rebate recovery credit form and it will add the missing stimulus money onto the return. Don't need to put a $1 amount anywhere.

ritastone001
Level 5

Will electronic filing system accept this?  Am I to assume the system has been set up to receive 0 income returns this year?  For that matter, will Proseries products allow it? Has any one actually filed one yet? 

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Assuming is never safe, but in this case you can. Yes it will e-file and yes ProSeries is operating correctly for this particular issue.

ritastone001
Level 5

Thank you!  I dislike learning thru rejects.  Would rather understand what is needed to avoid them.