Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing California Business Return - Form 568 by itself

mjohns11
Level 2

First time user of ProSeries. I purchased basic to get a feel for the software. Recently downloaded Professional to complete a couple business returns that I didn't know that clients would be filing. One of my clients is a Single Member LLC and is only required to file the Form 568 for California, but report the earnings on her Individual Schedule C. 

I did not pay for professional, therefore my business returns have been pay per return.  Do I have to purchase federal to file the state only?  Is there a way for me to only purchase the state and efile the state without buying the federal return for the PPR?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know we CAN Efile a 568 alone without the federal or CA 540, 

Youd have to open the client return in Professional, be sure you've marked the CA  LLC box on either the Sch C or E (whichever type of SMLLC your client has),.

On the fed info worksheet, only mark the CALLC for Efiling, dont mark the federal or CA 540, then when you switch over to the state, choose California LLC.    

That should pull the figures into the 568 and you 'should' be able to Efile and print it alone for just the $43 state PPR fee.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mjohns11
Level 2

Thank You so much. This totally worked. I guess I need to get professional next year.

lisamendez1
Level 1

I am trying to just file the form 568 in the professional version as well. I have Pro-Series basic, after I complete the individual tax return for federal and state how do I bring that information into the professional version so that I can file the form 568 and just pay for the one form? 

Thank you in adance 🙂

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once you have Professional installed, be sure to use Select and Download New Products to choose the CALLC to be installed.

Looks like you can use Backup/Restore to move your client file from Basic to Pro

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1040/help/transfer-client-file-from-current-year-proser...

Once youve got the client file in Professional, follow the instructions I posted further up in this thread.

Only mark the 568 for EF, not the 1040 or 540.

speckonfire
Level 1

Information from Schedule C does not transfer to 568.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to enter them manually?

Thanks.

Jeanne

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did you mark the box near the top of Sch C that says its a CA LLC?

0 Cheers