Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filing 540 after extension with payment

kareneguenther
Level 1

ProSeries says my CA first extension IS complete.  I had to file one because there was a balance due (rather than just get the automatic).  But it also says it can't e-file my CA 540 because my first extension is NOT complete.  I tried saving the return (which it says to do), but I can not file the return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What do you mean "tried saving the return"?   

You should be using the same client data file to file the return as you did when you E-filed the extension.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kareneguenther
Level 1

Yes,  it is the same client file.  The program says that I need to file the first CA extension first.  Which, of course, has been done.  Then it says, if I already filed the first extension, I need to save the state file (which also has already been done).  But,  I go into the state return and save the file again.  But nothing changes and I can't file the 540.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you uncheck the box to Efile the CA extension on the federal information worksheet and just leave the box checked to Efile the return, does that do anything?

0 Cheers
kareneguenther
Level 1

No, I'd already tried that.  Tried adding back the check mark in the file state extension electroncially as well.  Neither way will let me file the return.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From the EFCenter, highlight the CA return and try to Update the EF Status and see if it will pull the acknowledgement for the extension in again.

0 Cheers
kareneguenther
Level 1

It says E-file Complete and clicking on it, just takes me to the Info Worksheet.  (I'm using Basic and on the EF Clients tab.)  

0 Cheers