Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIAN

Blanca
Level 3

I have a client which has an ITIN. He was asking me that one of the clients he does work for asked him if can complete a FIAN form for them.  He ask me if he should or not.  I ask him that they might of being requesting a W9 but he told me he was really sure they request a FIAN to be completed by him.  Does any one know any thing about this? I did some searching and I couldnt find a form with that name.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Why don't you ask client to bring you the form they want him to fill out

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

Is English not his first language?

"he does work for" means what? With only the ITIN, he would not be qualified to work for them. To work for them, they would be asking for I-9; is it possible that might have sounded somewhat like FIAN to him?

"He ask me if he should or not."

Because we know there is something a bit shady with their relationship and want to skirt the requirements knowingly?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Why don't you ask client to bring you the form they want him to fill out

joseflores200
Level 2

w-9 is a document berification form. is on irs forms.

banks or any institution request that form. to report interest income. to irs.

or person that will give a 1099 misc . to a self contractor . request that form .

only  request social security number

joseflores200
Level 2

not famliar with the form. all banks request for that form.

if social security is not present.

0 Cheers
joseflores200
Level 2

is one of irs form w-9

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"or person that will give a 1099 misc . to a self contractor . request that form ."

New for 2020, the form will be 1099-NEC. It used to be NEC, for Non-Employee Compensation, then it was rolled into the -Misc, and now it stands separately, again.

W4 and I9 are requested by the potential Employer. A person having only ITIN is not legally able to be hired, though.

It's hard to know what is meant by FIAN. For instance, perhaps they want proof of FEIN. We're stuck trying to be mind-readers.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers