Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fform 1040 line 10b

BrianCPA
Level 1

Form 1040 line 10b adjustments not calculating for taxpayer yet their standard deduction is correctly calculating, they are supposed to get the above the line 300 for charity  - how is this triggered?

Appreciate your help here

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I just tested it and it works for me.  I enter 300 on 10b, and it shows up on 10c as a deduction.

If it isn't working for you, maybe try to update the software?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

10b doesn't appear to be an enterable line for me (cant type in it), and doesnt cross reference back to an entry point either...but I havent updated here at home in quite awhile.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ahhh, you have to scroll down to the 1040/1040SR worksheet and enter on Line 10b, not on the actual 1040 itself.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yeah, the Intuit made the actual 1040 pretty much useless a couple of years ago, and only the 1040 Worksheet is useable.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

On the actual 1040 Lines 1 through 10a all have quickzoom buttons to go to the entry point, that 10b should also, or at least have a right click/cross reference option, or were going to see this question asked alot.

@Orlando  how hard would it be to add something to line 10b of the 1040 (either a QZ button or a right-click Cross Reference option)?

Got the feeling lots of people are going to be in here asking how to enter that $300 on that line.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I guess I forgot they did that.  I just remember when they very first put out the new 1040, doing anything on the 1040 just brought you to the 1040 Worksheet, and from there it brought you somewhere else.  So I still have stuck in my mind the 1040 was useless, even they they may have changed things since it was first released a few years ago.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thanks for the question.. I'm asking around.  My team is responsible for the application shell around all that tax content stuff, but what happens on the actual forms (calcs, form fields, cross reference, etc) is all other teams.  If we were building a house, I'd be responsible for the landscaping & framing, but would subcontract out the plumbing and electrical.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thank you!

0 Cheers
bamschtax
Level 2

Today is the 2/5 and we are still unable to enter an amount in line 10b on the form 1040 for the $300 charitable donation. Please respond with some help I have search the entire program and can't figure it out.

thank

Ann Bamsch

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@bamschtax 

Enter the charitable contribution on Schedule A.

Then go to the "1040 Wks" and enter the amount on Line 10b

0 Cheers
tcy914
Level 1

I'm having the same problem, seems like it just started.   Even if I enter a 0 in 10B of worksheet, it still shows as an error

0 Cheers