Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

federal unemployment benefits taxable

TaxButterfly
Level 2

Good Afternoon,

I heard that the first $10,000 unemployment benefits are not taxable income under the new biden administration. Can some confirm this?

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

18 Comments 18
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's $10,200 but the deal hasn't been completed yet.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Let me guess.  You make it a practice never to spend five minutes reading recent comments here, to find out if another 25 people are discussing the issue.  

(Ironman is counting.  325,689 is an exaggeration.)

IRonMaN
Level 15

I confess, it is only 324,689.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

AND... fix your subject title.  

It's NOT taxable, not "taxable".

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said the House will vote Monday night on the rule laying out terms for the bill’s consideration, and the House will vote on Tuesday on the Senate-passed version of the bill."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
TaxButterfly
Level 2

Thank you. I also read the new article published in Fortune, but I know I can always count on the tax proseries community. 

chriswillisCPA
Level 2
0 Cheers
chriswillisCPA
Level 2

Why don't you shut up and go away if you don't have anything positive to offer?

abctax55
Level 15

deleted...

Edit:

I forgot to thank you for all your valuable contributions to this forum /S

( Generic Comment )"
chriswillisCPA
Level 2

See my comment to her question below. I guess I have reporting to do as well. 

abctax55
Level 15

Delete again... just NOT worth stooping so low.

( Generic Comment )"
chriswillisCPA
Level 2

Let me guess.... an EA? Actually I would be surprised if you made it that far.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I love folks that start off with “if you have nothing positive to say” and follow it up with negative crap.  You have now kinda answered one post - congratulations on your lovely new badges - you have made Intuit proud.  However, until you have helped as many folks as Anna has, you can quit with the childish playground name calling.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Thanks, Jeff.... but don't bother.   I'm going with the new mantra of ignoring all one-post "wonders".   There are too many other, well-deserving folks that need assistance.

( Generic Comment )"
chriswillisCPA
Level 2

ohh. struck a nerve? two enrolled agents? or two mom and pop  get your rapid refund here? You guys dont like being called out do ya? People come here to get help. No ridiculed. My negativity is directed and smart asses like you. Help them or shut up. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

One upon a time I would get down in the mud and waste my time arguing with dipsticks here.  I no longer waste my energy doing that kind of nonsense .  I just move on and wear my smart ass badge proudly - it sure beats the dumb ass badge that some folks wear around here.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@chriswillisCPA 

Your first post was a nice contribution to the community that is using ProSeries, Lacerte and ProConnect programs. However, you seemed to find it necessary to keep jabbing away at people you don't even know for no reason except it looked like anonymous fun to you, apparently.

If you are not using one of those three programs, it's you that is lost on the internet and stopped in to harass people that have nothing to do with your comment, "People come here to get help."

Because this is Not general tax help. Look at the top of this web page.

This specifically is for using ProSeries programs to prepare your clients' tax returns.

So, if that is the software you are using in your office, then you might want to play nicer with your peers who are "at the office and working."

And if that is not the software you are using, you are lost on the internet and need to go away.

Unfortunately, you could have played nicely. I will be flagging your input as inappropriate.

This is not a Social Network.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Please keep in mind our Community Guidelines  when posting in the Intuit Accountants community.  There are several posts within this thread that violate them, therefore, I am locking post and will monitor all user accounts involved closely for the next 14 days.  Any further violations may result in possible suspension from the community.  

Regards, 

Betty Jo 

0 Cheers