Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBAR - How to enter multiple foreign accounts

hcliston
Level 4

Hi --

Client in California has 5 small bank accounts in other countries. I'm filling out Form 114. I entered one of the accounts, and then it says, "Page down to add more accounts." But I can't find any place to add more accounts.

I can't just leave it at the one account, as the balance in there was only $2,000.  

And I don't think I should aggregate all 5 accounts in one place, as they're in multiple countries. 

How do I generate more space to add 4 more foreign accounts?

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
ihan
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You can either press (Ctrl and PgDn) on the key board or click on the side scroll bar to add more accounts.

0 Cheers
hcliston
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for responding, but that doesn't speak to my question.

I do know how to scroll to the bottom of a page on my computer. My issue is that I'm looking for a place to enter more foreign accounts, and I cannot find a place to enter them.

I have gone to the bottom of the page many times, but I don't find any more places to enter additional foreign accounts. 

This is on Form 114, FBAR, and the client is Single, with 5 small accounts in 2 countries. He owns them all separately, so I don't want to enter any info into the blanks for in Part III: "Accounts Owned Jointly" or Part IV: "Financial Accounts Where Filer has Signature or Other Authority But No Financial Interest in the Account(s)."

Is my situation what Intuit means by Part V: "Information on Financial Account(s) Where Filer is Filing a Consolidated Report"?

Or am I missing something else?

Thank you!

Heather

0 Cheers
hcliston
Level 4

I really need help with this. Can you escalate it please?

0 Cheers
pm27
Employee
Employee

To enter additional accounts. 

For example Form 114, part II, lines 15-23 are in a table and when you are on a field you should see a dark line around these fields with a scrollbar on the right.  Enter the information for your first account and then when you are on the last field, in this example line 23, just use the tab key and that will take you to a new set of fields to enter another account.

0 Cheers