Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farm Return Due Date re Sch J and Form 4835

JMaubach
Level 3

ProSeries release date for Schedule J and Form 4835 is March 4, 2021.  These returns are due March 1. Does anyone have any idea what we are supposed to do?  File on paper?  Pray that the forms are released earlier than expected?  Pray?  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Sharon7
Level 2

Great question! I sure hope we don't have to paper file 😞

I'm on hold to ask...wait time is "greater than an hour" I hope that it's less!

JMaubach
Level 3

Let us know if you get an answer.  Preferably a "good" answer that doesn't include the phrase "paper file"!

🙏

Sharon7
Level 2

Finally, an answer, sort of...the hold up is the IRS not having final release of the forms to ProSeries so they can't finalize until the IRS does their job. Customer service rep said I was the first inquiry on these forms! I'm HOPING and PRAYING they will be finalized in time for March 1st!?! If not, the IRS better announce an extension by February 26th!!!!

Anyone else with the same concerns should call customer service!! The more that call the better chance we have of this being resolved without having to paper file!!!!!!

JMaubach
Level 3

Okay, Thanks.  I will call them too.  Everything seems so delayed this year.  Short filing season and forms not ready giving us all a pain in the a**!

Monte
Level 2

Kinda have to wave the BS flag on using the IRS final forms release as an excuse, talked to other preparers using CCH software, both the 4835 and Schedule J are final on their products,  The 2210, 2210F and federal estimates don't seem to be final yet on those CCH systems.

JMaubach
Level 3

Thank you.  That is good information to have before I call them!

Sharon7
Level 2

Yep, I just got an email from my IRS liaison. Form 4835 was finalized 1/19/21 and Schedule J was finalized mid-year 2020!!!! Come on Intuit get these forms ready for eFile!!!!!

cnipe
Level 2

Spoke to customer service.  Told me there was nothing they could do and that there is not another place to call to get higher up (wanted to talk to someone to make sure they are aware of the problem at the programming level).  This is a pro-series issue as these forms are finalized by the IRS.  Support told me that I would need to download another program to E-File or paper file (which includes filling out any forms not available by hand of course).  Very frustrated.

Sharon7
Level 2

Called customer service again today February 17th! Checking on Form 4835, Form 2210F, and Sch J. Rep I got today said "those forms are on the schedule to be released tomorrow February 18th", I hope she's right!!!!!!! Although, she also said to wait until afternoon to see the full update release. Fingers crossed! 😉

JMaubach
Level 3

Looks like we have yet another form delay disaster with Pro-Series.  Form 8824 is scheduled to be released March 4th.  I have two returns with a March 1 filing deadline that have Form 8824.  I am on the phone with customer service right now and they say they can't budge on the release date.  I am waiting to talk to a supervisor.  Does anyone know if other software providers have the 8824 available or am I getting the truth that the IRS has not released this form yet?

Monte
Level 2

Talked to another professional that uses different tax software and it is final in theirs, for whatever that is worth.  I think we are getting the run around and IRS is being the crutch, I have a heavy farm client tax base and their lack of performance has caused great stress and pressure on our office and serving our clients. I am highly disappointed in Intuit's performance this tax season, will certainly be looking for other tax software solutions after tax season!!!!

JMaubach
Level 3

They updated 2210F, 4835, and Sch J today so it fixed most of our issues.  Form 8824 is still not final and I have a Client with a March 1 deadline who needs that form.  I'm a bit frustrated as well.  

0 Cheers