Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed 4868 efile

Click
Level 3

Is there a problem with the 4868 efile processing? I get an error that the form 8995 is not ready for efiling. The 4868 is a one-page standalone submission. ???  The clients file has the 8995 (QBI worksheet) but that is irrelevant to the extension process.  Efile indicates that the extension is ready for filing but the process chokes due to the 8995...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Click wrote:

My understanding was the 2/12 date pertained to form 1040 processing, which I do not equate to extension processing.  

They are both processed by the same system, so presumably that means the 4868 can't be processed until 2/12.

Hopefully by then Intuit will fix that goofy thing about the 8995.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since IRS isnt open to accept or process anything 1040 related until 2/12, you may want to wait until then to try and submit it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

yeah, the 8995 should be updated today, I would not hold your breath tho. Can you eliminate that form in order to extend?

0 Cheers
Click
Level 3

My understanding was the 2/12 date pertained to form 1040 processing, which I do not equate to extension processing.  7004 is generally accepted well before the 1120 series returns. When you have a larger number of protective extensions to do, it pays to get as early a start as possible.

0 Cheers
Click
Level 3

I will try again in a couple days, given than an update is applied.  I just found the content of the error message to be logically unlikely.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Click wrote:

My understanding was the 2/12 date pertained to form 1040 processing, which I do not equate to extension processing.  

They are both processed by the same system, so presumably that means the 4868 can't be processed until 2/12.

Hopefully by then Intuit will fix that goofy thing about the 8995.