Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated tax payment set up for electronic withdrawal for 2nd quarter did not process thru Proseries

beriK
Level 2

Estimated tax payments for 2020 were set up in ProSeries.

1st quarter was processed, send quarter was not.  What steps can be taken to correct?

Return was filed June 30th, 2020

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There was some kind of snafu that occurred with estimated payments (I can't find the article about it).  IRS can only pull one payment per day, so when the 1st and 2nd were both scheduled for the same day, only 1 of them happened. 

Ideally, the 1st and 2nd payment should have been combined into a single 2nd quarter payment to get both pulled on the same day....we were told about this back in April  (I think) here in the messageboard, but I dont see any actual Program Alert being sent out about it.

I'd say get the missing payment sent in as soon as possible, IRS DirectPay would be the quickest.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
beriK
Level 2

Thank you.  The IRS went through fine....CA was the Culprit.

I have now processed that payment thru ProSeries...and set up a reminder to do the last one in Jan.

Glitches, Glitches everywhere!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Id just go to FTB Webpay and schedule it, then you wont forget.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
beriK
Level 2

Good idea....thank you.

0 Cheers