Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esignature question

Highlighted
Level 4

Hello. I have 2 clients who are very busy and live more than 50 miles from me. They asked if they can sign all forms (8879, VA-8879, 1040, and state return electronically). Can the Signature feature of proseries take care of all this? 

I'm just wondering which documents they sign and if they sign with just "their name" and do I need any external device to sign my part? Confused. Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 3

After purchasing signatures, I found out e-signature did not work--despite being on the phone with support for 5 hours and having them tell me 4 different times they would call me back... still waiting.  Beware.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

have you ever done them before? so is the price per client? or per signature form? I have a married couple, one was nonresident and other resident so they are filing separate state returns. 

0 Cheers
Level 3

Sorry but it never worked for me.  I was charged $30+ tax for 10 signatures.  Unfortunately there is zero support if it doesn't work.  Apparently there's a special department that can only handle e-sigs but they are impossible to contact and don't call back.  You have to call the main proseries support line, wait to speak with someone, who then transfers you to the special dead end department.  Frustrating!