Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error transferring from 2019 Proseries to 2020 Proseries

lwhitecpa
Level 2

I am getting an error when trying to transfer a file from 2019 to 2020. See the atttached.  This file did have a password on it, but I removed it and saved it as a different file and am having the same issue.error.PNG

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries is pretty much useless until mid-December. 

And I wouldn't recommend transferring files until January (unless you plan to delete the originally transferred file and then re-transfer it again in January).

So you will need to be patient.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Most of mine Orgs transferred fine(as fine as possible) but at least one is giving the same error.

I don't know why either.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
lwhitecpa
Level 2

I have hundreds of files that were fine.  I do a lot of proforma things before the end of the year, and have been transferring files in November for over a decade of using PS.  I have never gotten this issue before.

0 Cheers
lwhitecpa
Level 2

I just got several errors with partnership files, then I deleted them.  I think there is a software issue that Intuit needs to address.  Releasing software that is typically marginally useful in November is pointless if they don't address it very soon.  Many accountants get the software and do what I am doing so that January can hit the ground running.  Imagine running into this in January....not being able to transfer files.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Releasing software that is typically marginally useful in November is pointless"

True. That's why most of us decline to be the beta testers and wait for another update or 2 or 3 before we try to do anything other than have a look/see.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers