Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Primary Signature Date

DentonWineGuy
Level 2

I'm filing a 2021 return in January 2023. I have an error "Primary Signature Date". I assume it's because the Date Pin Entered needs to be in the same year of transmitting the form to the IRS. When I try to enter today's date, the software gives me an error and says the date needs to be in 2022. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help. 

Steve

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Multiple posts about this in the group, theyre working on it.  As a workaround, EFile from the EFCenter and turn off error checking at conversion and it will go through.  If you use a 2022 date, it will get rejected.

errorcheck.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

16 Comments 16
IRonMaN
Level 15

Put today's date in and unclick the error checking box when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Multiple posts about this in the group, theyre working on it.  As a workaround, EFile from the EFCenter and turn off error checking at conversion and it will go through.  If you use a 2022 date, it will get rejected.

errorcheck.png

DentonWineGuy
Level 2

Thanks for both responses. It worked!

DentonWineGuy
Level 2

Thanks, it worked!

SGM Tax
Level 3

Pro Series basic Does Not have this option.......

IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone in another post about the subject was able to shutoff error checking when using Basic so I'm thinking it does have that option.

Slava Ukraini!
SGM Tax
Level 3

I'm looking, but I cannot find it. I'll look some more.

0 Cheers
tykhaz
Level 2

it did not work for me

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to EFile from the EFCenter, I dont think you'll have the option to uncheck that if you try to EFile from within the client return

0 Cheers
SGM Tax
Level 3

Yes, That's the piece I was missing. Do not e-file an open tax file. Highlight the file in EF Center and use the E-file tab.

Got it. Thanks.

Drew340
Level 3

When will the software be fixed so we do not have to skip the error check?

MelissaL
Level 4

What's the status of this repair? Foregoing error checking is not a solution.

0 Cheers
nrosario17
Level 1

It did not worked for me.  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a bit odd that it worked for everyone except you.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
WaysideRewlz
Level 1

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

What is this EF Center that you mention in your post?  Is this something for Professional tax preparers, and not available to an individual tax preparer like me using Turbo Tax Premier? 

It is EXACTLY what I need to proceed with eFile'ing my 2021 Amended return.  I am getting an error on the signature date when I try to submit.  Can't add the current 2023 date, so try with the date I eFile'd the original 2021 taxes, and it gets kicked back during the validation stage of eFiling... would MUCH prefer to eFile versus mailing the 50-page thick printed 2021 Amended return.

appreciate any assistance you could provide!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sorry, this isn't Turbotax support.  I have no clue how it works.

Try asking over in TT support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us