Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when performing proforma of most clients from 2019 to 2020 ProSeries program

kdaglobal
Level 3

Tried this morning to proforma my 2019 clients into 2020 Proseries. 

Out of my test batch of 46, only 7 came through (and 3 of those 7 were 1 MFJ + 2 MFS for the same couple). No rhyme or reason why the ones that pulled through worked while the others didn't.

The rest had this error message: An unknown error occurred while attempting to transfer (146).

I tried running updates of both the 2019 & 2020 softwares, shutting them down and restarting them but nothing helped.

Anyone know what is going on?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

It

Is

Too

Early

To 

Do 

Proforma's

Many, many threads in the last few days about patience is a virtue....wait for updates.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

It

Is

Too

Early

To 

Do 

Proforma's

Many, many threads in the last few days about patience is a virtue....wait for updates.

( Generic Comment )"
kdaglobal
Level 3

Thanks so much abctax55 - this is the first year in 15 years I have been so ahead of schedule so I have never experienced this situation because I am usually starting this process in January!

Patience is indeed a virtue!

abctax55
Level 15

YVW...

If you are that far ahead.... take the rest of the year off & start the process in January 🤣

Seriously, transfer a few (like your own?) & play around to get a feel for any of the *new* features or anything new for TY 2020.  Altho Lacerte's early release isn't ready for prime time for handling either the EIP/stimulus reconciliation or the CA insurance penalty.

I transfer the clients I need to work on year end projections, but I renumber them so that when I transfer ALL clients in January the projection files aren't overwritten.

( Generic Comment )"