Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message: sign in completion failed. "oauth.platform.intuit.com"

dmlederman
Level 1

When trying to open ProSeries: error message: sign in completion failed. "oauth.platform.intuit.com"

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does this help at all?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/sign-in-completion-failed-remote-name-cou...

or maybe just a reboot of your computer and modem will resolve the issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

We are having the same problem. It is also affecting all past years of the program. I can sign in at my home, but at work we cannot. Different internet service providers. I have tried all of the fixes listed that I could find in the forums. No luck as of yet. I am going to bring the work computer home today to at least back up prior years files. And install 2019 program.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We have been with Proseries since tax year 2000. Never have had this problem before.

Exact error wording is: Sign in completion failed. The remote name could not be resolved. 'oauth.platform.Intuit.com'

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes found this a few days ago. None of the suggestions in it have helped.

Thank you for the suggestion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm sorry that didn't help.  Have you tried calling support

Slava Ukraini!

Not yet, need to be where erring computer is when I do and just haven't been there during the day when they are available yet. Will do soon.

I am homeschooling my son days and working evenings right now.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Q Business Service 

I wonder if you took the home computer to the office with that internet service, if it would have the same issue.   

or when you bring the office computer home and connect it to your internet service at home, if the problem disappears.

Let us know what you find out!

I have taken the home computer to work, and it had the same problem. Which does not happen at home.

So going to bring work computer home today and see what happens. I don't really use home computer for the program much. Only to fix errors and keep up with forum for problem we may encounter. Usually all client info is kept only at work, for security reasons mostly.

I will let you know what occurs as I can.

Thank you for your quick responses.

I have read both of your posts for a few years now. So thanks again.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

have you spoke to your internet service provider for the office?  It may be something that can be rectified on their end.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, that they sure sound like the culprit.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Could be as simple as a faulty modem, or a connection that needs to be reset at the nearest junction box to that address.   

That was my thought also. But they have closed their office and the owner has taken a new job. So contact by email is all that is now available at this time.

Waiting on his reply. Lol

Small towns.