Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message after e-filing returns

OrantesTaxPro
Level 3

In the last couple days I have opened various clients that were filed a few days ago. They are already accepted by the IRS. When I open the file I automatically get a pop-up screen stating the following "Proseries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed. Please review the changes to determine if an amended return needs to be filed." I take a look at the changes and it's always about the refundable credits. These particular clients are clients that did not get the $1800 stimulus and are now claiming it on their return. Anyone else getting this? I don't see a reason why my client should even need to file an amended return. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
bette wags
Level 1

I've noticed this also in the last week. I hope the IRS will catch it when the return is processed, but if ProSeries erased the RRC before it was sent to the IRS I'll be very upset. Especially if I will then have to prepare an amendment for clients to get something they were entitled to with the first e-file.

0 Cheers
Love2Cruise
Level 4

I just opened the first return I've had to file which claimed the rebate, and got the same message. I hope this is an Intuit system issue and the form wasn't adjusted when the return was transmitted. If the latter, I too will NOT be a happy camper!!!  

0 Cheers
Love2Cruise
Level 4

Called technical support (on hold for over 2 hours). They're aware of this problem...a "glitch in the system". To verify if the return was submitted correctly, go to your home base and check the amount of your clients refund after it was accepted. If it's the same amount as on the return when transmitted, then you can ignore the error message and no amended return needs to be filed.

I asked if they would be posting an update once the issue has been corrected and was told "no, it will just go away". This is to serious of an issue not post an update about it. Some preparers may file amended returns unnecessarily. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Look at the tax return, it didnt change...its just a false popup message.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
hankscpa
Level 2

We have this issue going on as well.  Sure hope ProSeries fixes this!!

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

Same here...this is so annoying...It's one thing be be on top of my own errors...Now I have to be aware of software issues...Federal tax law change updates everyday. Waiting for states to make decisions on UI and PPP...Seriously, can I just file a tax return...please

0 Cheers