Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in 2019 ProSeries Installation

Tatyana
Level 2

2019 ProSeries Professionals can't be installed on Windows 10. Download from the Account is incorrect.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
This sounds more like a 3rd party software interfering with the download process. To test you may want to try temporarily disabling your antivirus software before attempting to download. Additionally if error persists you may want to try downloading while in safe mode with networking. Otherwise I would suggest working with technical support on Tuesday when we reopen.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
24 Comments 24
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its telling you that you dont have Win 10?   I remember people having this issue back in Dec/Jan, I dont recall what the answer for it was though, sorry.

@IntuitAustin  @IntuitBettyJo @AshleyatIntuit    Do any of you remember this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

I'll be honest I'm not convinced that's what is occurring but if so ensure your windows version is in fact 10, and it's licensed and registered. Also check to ensure you're language settings are English and US based timezones because each one of those can cause the error.

Hope that helps

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh, was this an issue with 32bit system vs 64bit? If you had a 32bit computer that was upgraded to Win 10 you'd get this message?

AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Yes that's also a possibility. 😁 If you could provide additional details @Tatyana we may be able to provide additional steps

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

I think this an issue of Intuit. 2017 was installed without any problem to the same computer. 2019 Basic is also working properly on the same machine. But issue is

with 2018 (if installed from 2017) and with 2019. 

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Is the error with installing or with licensing once downloaded? Two different things to troubleshoot. If licensing related you may need to contact customer service on Tuesday. 

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

I do not understand the issue with licensing if everything is verified. I have legitimate license that is working with Basic as well.

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

The issue with downloading 2019 return. Somehow 2018 Prof was installed, but showing an error while downloading 2019 even from 2018.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

What is the exact error message you get? And when does the error pop up?

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

If I clicked on 'Install Next Year Return' from 2018,

the message 'There is an error in downloading 2019 return. Please try again later'.

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

What is the solution in this case? Should I contact Tech Support?

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
This sounds more like a 3rd party software interfering with the download process. To test you may want to try temporarily disabling your antivirus software before attempting to download. Additionally if error persists you may want to try downloading while in safe mode with networking. Otherwise I would suggest working with technical support on Tuesday when we reopen.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Tatyana wrote:

If I clicked on 'Install Next Year Return' from 2018,

the message 'There is an error in downloading 2019 return. Please try again later'.

And youve tried downloading/installing by logging into your Intuit account and getting directly from there?    Several years ago I had trouble using the Download Next Years Product link, Ive always gone direct to my account and downloaded since then.

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

Thank you! It looks like McFee was an issue.

But now another problem.  I install AZ by mistake. How to uninstall the State Return?

I do not need it.

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

Thank you! It looks like McAfee was an issue.

But now another problem.  I install AZ by mistake. How to uninstall the State Return?

I do not need it.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Close ProSeries and use Windows Add/Remove Programs

Find ProWin 201X and click Uninstall. It will act like its going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic, it wont! It will open another window that lets you choose which part to uninstall. Find module and uninstall it.

Then next time you go to update or install any other types of returns,  use Select and Download New Products and make sure that state is not still selected,

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

Thank you so much!

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

How to Delete State downloaded by mistake. If I clicked Uninstall, there if no separate modules to chose from.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once you click Uninstall, it should have an Uninstall confirmation window that you hit YES, then this window opens

uninstallstates.png

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

Clicking Windows, then there are:

ProSeries Update

Tools-Connected Customers

Tools-Repair Updates

Tools-Home-base Tune-up

ProSeries 2019

Where shouls I click in order to delete State that I do not need

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

I do not have such a Pop-up windows.

The message 'The program and all components will be uninstall'

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

OK. I came to this point. But when I clicked on State I ant to delete,

The message "At least one federal product should stay"   I have  1120s, but system doesn't separate them. What can it be?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre in the Windows Programs menu, not Windows Add/Remove Programs.

Right-click your Windows START button, and choose Settings, then choose Apps....do you see the list of programs like my screen shot shows that you can scroll down to ProSeries 2019? 

If I click Uninstall, I get this window first

uninstall1.png

Then I click Uninstall and another window pops up that I have to click YES on appears, then I see that list of modules to choose from.

@AshleyatIntuit    is there a reason why the list of modules to uninstall wouldn't appear for this customer?  Does it have to do with the type of package purchased, it wont let you install states once they've been selected?

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

Thank you!

I just added few other Federal Products and deleted the state.