Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code R0000-507-01 Dependent Error.

COMPLEXEYEDEA
Level 2

Hi, I'm receiving an error dealing with a clients dependent SSN. He is claiming that he spoke with both is daughter and sons mothers, and neither has filed a single tax return yet. I have the description labeled /efile:Return/efile:'ReturnData/efile:IRS1040[1]/efile:DependentDetail[3]/efile:Dep

the error resolution:

The reject frequently occurs when the dependent's SSN on this tax return was present as a dependent on another tax return, or the dependent already filed a return without indicating they would be claimed as a dependent on another return. 

If multiple dependents are present in this return, to identify which dependent is the cause of this reject, review the description field. In the path statement presented, the [?] will identify the number of the dependent that is generating this reject. For example: "[2]" will identify the second dependent from the top. 

Can someone help me determine what dependent is the issue. Im not sure with the [?] is referring to in the detail path. is it the  [3] meaning 3rd dependent on my list, or is it the [1] after 1040 meaning the first dependent on my list? Im confused. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe it would indicate dependent #3  is the problem child for you.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Worst case news is his social has been compromised. 

Based on what I see is the 3rd from top but I am not 100% sure. 

@IntuitAustin ?

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Ask client to bring in all SS cards and check them to make sure all are entered correctly

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@garman22 wrote:

Worst case news is his social has been compromised. 

Based on what I see is the 3rd from top but I am not 100% sure. 

@IntuitAustin ?

Bingo. The number in the brackets indicate which dependent it is. It's the 3rd

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
IRonMaN
Level 15

If I knew we were playing bingo, I would have said D-3 instead of dependent #3.  They keep changing the game around here without telling anyone. 

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@IRonMaN wrote:

If I knew we were playing bingo, I would have said D-3 instead of dependent #3.  They keep changing the game around here without telling anyone. 

You still have 3 squares before you hit bingo sir, try again. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Favored1
Level 2

Im having the same issue with a 2018 return that im trying to efile.  Where do you find the "description"?  I dont see it anywhere on my rejection.

"I have the description labeled /efile:Return/efile:'ReturnData/efile:IRS1040[1]/efile:DependentDetail[3]/efile:Dep"

0 Cheers
Favored1
Level 2

I found it!  Reject reports listed under efile -> electronic filing -> electronic filing reports -> reject reports

0 Cheers
RICKL
Level 1

I cannot find the Description field to determine which dependent has already been claimed.

0 Cheers
RICKL
Level 1

Where do I find the Description field and path to determine which dependent was claimed?

0 Cheers
Favored1
Level 2

I found it!  Reject reports listed under efile -> electronic filing -> electronic filing reports -> reject reports