Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 00001985

tiaire23
Level 1

Good morning,

Has anyone ever seen this before? I was transmitting returns just fine until last night? Ive never seen this message before and no explanation.?

Return Rejected: Code: 00001985

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
QuickStep Tax
Level 1

Go to the file rejected by the error.

Press F9

Press F10

Resubmit

View solution in original post

35 Comments 35

I am getting the same rejection code but it is not happening on all of of my returns. I am currently on the phone with Intuit/Pro Series and they are unsure but still working on it.

I updated my software, resaved the returns and re-filed and it did not fix the problem. 

0 Cheers
tiaire23
Level 1

Thanks for responding. I'm on the line with them as well trying to figure it out. I had some files that went thru fine too. 

I deleted, restored, and refiled... same thing continues to happen. 

0 Cheers

Intuit/Pro Series said they show my two returns to actually just be on hold and the IRS is waiting on banking approval. The returns should come off of the reject/hold on their own once the IRS receives this approval.

I asked for further explanation because the above was a first and did not make sense and there was not much more they could provide me. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm eagerly waiting to see if tiaire gets the same answer from support 😀

Slava Ukraini!
tiaire23
Level 1

Are you speaking of banking products? Do these returns have banking products attached to them?

They just told me they don't see my 2 returns coming into the server at all. I have other returns that have banking products that were accepted just fine. 

0 Cheers

They do both have bank products but I have other returns that have bank products and they were accepted. 

Intuit suggested I call the bank I am using the bank products with. Currently on the phone with them but they have not heard of this issue. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you run through Review on the returns with an issue, maybe the diagnostics show something?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
tiaire23
Level 1

Yes, no errors or explanations.

0 Cheers

There are no errors on either return. Both returning clients that all I needed to do was change/update their income. 

0 Cheers
Martha9
Level 1

Same here-no errors.  Has anyone resubmitted/re-efiled?

0 Cheers
mbpro2323
Level 1

Did they resolve your issue cause I’m having the same issue 

0 Cheers

no, they have not solved the issue. They planned on opening a ticket and calling me back. 

0 Cheers
ddaniel
Level 1

Im so glad we have this discussion board because I just got the same error message

IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

Any insight on this.  The number of people with the issue seems to be growing.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So far, nobody has given a full rejection explanation...highlight the rejected file in the EFCenter, then hit F12, in that Efiling Reports window scroll down to Rejected Returns and view/print the full report, maybe its got some clues as to what needs to be done.

0 Cheers
ddaniel
Level 1

Any update on this?

0 Cheers

There is no rejection explanation. The rejection note just has the code 00001985. There is no other description. Intuit has been unable to answer (i have talked with two associates) and they have not called me back yet. 

0 Cheers
tiaire23
Level 1

Please share if you hear anything back. This is happening to quite a few folks now so sounds Iike it's a system wide problem. Fingers crossed we get some resolve.

0 Cheers
QuickStep Tax
Level 1

I have the same issue as of 1/25/23.

I am calling technical support but no answer yet after 1 hour waiting. 

0 Cheers
QuickStep Tax
Level 1

Go to the file rejected by the error.

Press F9

Press F10

Resubmit

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Return Rejected: Code: 00001985

There must be an explanation other than the code.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

They said there wasn't.  But I'm not looking over their shoulder so I can't vouch for that 😬 

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I think lisa said there is no explanation on this. It could be the bank product or a PS issue. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

New year, new adventures.  Never a dull moment in Intuit Land. 🤠

Slava Ukraini!
mbpro2323
Level 1

They have fixed the issue all you have to do now is update your software 

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Hope you’re right… guess we’ll find out in a day or so if it’s fixed, and what else they broke in the process.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

If it isn’t fixed and 1st level tech support can’t help… maybe try

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-tool-hub-fix...

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Hi there. This is what we recommend for rejection code 00001985:
1. Update the ProSeries program
2. open the return
3. hit F9 to recalculate then F10 to save
4. re-submit the return for electronic filing 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Wouldn't that be something worthy to put up as an alert in the program?  Better yet, instead of the huge ad for e-signatures that I am forced to constantly look at when I open my program, use that space for this type of information.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I hate that big ESig ad on the side, have to constantly close it! 

My home system Win 11, gave me a popup that asked it I want to permanently close it, but office Win 10 hasn't given me that option!!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

That friggin pop up is annoying as sh-t!! If I want it, Ill ask for it. 

"oh, that'll be another $229.99 to get rid of the pop-up".................

IRonMaN
Level 15

""oh, that'll be another $229.99 to get rid of the pop-up"................."

Don't go giving them any more money making ideas 😨

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

hahaha......i did think of that after I posted. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The power of suggestion!  I just got this popup window, lets see how long it stays closed!

esigtabclosed.png

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

oooooooooooh, wheres mine????

0 Cheers