Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Summary Info from 1099 B and attaching a .pdf file

jk2
Level 3

Has anyone had trouble with the new 1099 B worksheet?  I am attempting to summarize transactions from the Form 1099 B and input it on the 1099 B worksheet.   I cannot seem to find a way to do this without an error in the date sold field that ProSeries says I "must fix".  I called technical support, but unfortunately, was connected to a tech that did not understand the concept of reporting sales.   

Every tax season, I think I am going to convert to another provider, but tax season rolls around so fast that Ive found myself using this deteriorating company for an yet another year.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are "summarizing" is there a reason why you aren't just using the 4 boxes near the upper portion of the form - long term/short term, proceeds and cost?

Slava Ukraini!
kmb
Level 2

i'm confused as well. I have brokerage statements which I am summarizing but they have wash sales. So I'm using the quick entry table to input the summaries by long term & short term. The quick entry table requires a date for the sales date unlike in prior years. If I go to "help" it says if you are summarizing then you can leave the date sold field blank, but the program does not seem to actually allow that as an option. 

Bucky
Level 1

I just enter 12/31/2020

0 Cheers
jk2
Level 3

Have you seen any resolution to the error message on the Form 8979 when leaving the date sold blank?  I've been overriding the error, but I just don't like to do that.

0 Cheers
jk2
Level 3

I have not.   It is frustrating.   I was hoping one of the updates would correct the issue.

0 Cheers