Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering state tax wittheld on partnership K-1

Jim9
Level 2

My client is a MA resident, filing a non-resident MD state tax return due to a MD K-1.  On the MD K-1, Section D (non-resident tax), line 1 (non-resident tax paid by the partnership (on behalf of the partner)) there is state tax paid that my client gets credit for.  On the K-1 state tax payment line for MD, cannot enter the tax paid there and the cross-reference says it's entered on the federal K-1 but I cannot find anywhere on the federal K-1 to enter tax paid to MD.  I did enter it on the federal tax payments worksheet as "other withholding" with MD as the state, but that's incorrect.  Wondering if someone knows where to enter a 1065 K-1 state tax paid.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim9
Level 2

Thanks much, greatly appreciated!!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Accountant-Man
Level 12

1065 K-1, line 13, code W, then Additional Info 1, line 5.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Jim9
Level 2

Thanks much, greatly appreciated!!

Accountant-Man
Level 12

YVW.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
blakecpa
Level 1

And what happens when there are state income tax withholdings from multiple states, which there commonly are on O&G K-1s?  There is only room to enter withholding for 1 state on here. 😞

0 Cheers