Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Prior Year Special Depreciation

daspackmule
Level 2

Hello all! Anyone know how to access Sheet 14 for a 1065 to enter prior year special depreciation? 

Mr. Bryan...
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So I just randomly filled in a asset entry sheet, but there are 2 places you need to fill in for the SDA in a prior year, ones at the top of the form, ones closer to the middle.  Screen shots below.

SDA1.png

SDA2.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youve chosen ProSeries Basic as your product and mentioned a Partnership return and  Sheet 14.

Basic doesnt have a Sheet 14 and it doesnt prepare Partnership returns.

Lacerte has numbered Screens....it may have a Screen 14.

Maybe you can clarify which software youre actually using.

0 Cheers
daspackmule
Level 2

ProSeries Professional

Mr. Bryan...
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The asset entry worksheet wont let you assign the SDA amount from a prior year? 

I just tested it on a dummy entry, seemed to work as expected.

Access the asset entry worksheet from Line 15 QuickZoom button on the front page of the 1065

0 Cheers
daspackmule
Level 2

Thank you, Lisa Just Now.

I can access the Asset Entry Worksheet but cannot locate the specific section that allows me to enter prior period SDA.  Nevertheless, I still can't locate the specific place to enter prior period SDA for this specific asset and neither could the ProConnect technical advisor I spoke with yesterday.

If you could upload a snapshot of the specific location I would indeed be grateful!

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Mr. Bryan...
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So I just randomly filled in a asset entry sheet, but there are 2 places you need to fill in for the SDA in a prior year, ones at the top of the form, ones closer to the middle.  Screen shots below.

SDA1.png

SDA2.png

0 Cheers
daspackmule
Level 2

Just Lisa Now...many thanks. I worked it out. You are a Champ!

Mr. Bryan...