Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering bank info

Sma
Level 2

I have clients that owe but do not want the tax taken out of there account.  I have inputted the bank info. but when I print the return all XXXXXs show.  If I e-fle the return will the IRS have the bank info?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

no matter how you 'inputted' the bank info... the IRS will not capture that information w/o the return being a return with a direct deposit refund.  Go to IRS.gov  and find the 'Get My Payment' link.  You can inputted info there.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS should add a little to their website.  Why not add a picture of Wimpy with his old line "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".  I suppose they could always change the wording a little - "I'll gladly pay you July 15th for a stimulus deposit today".

Slava Ukraini!
rms911
Level 1

I had to pay in 2018 and 2019.  Understanding that the IRS will not use my bank info since it was not a "direct deposit" refund, I went to the 'Get My Payment' link.  I enter my information, correctly, only to be shown a screen that says "Payment Status Not Available".  I am never able to enter my bank information.  My wife and I both are entitled to a full payment as we both make less than $75,000.  I have filed a tax return for the last 40 years, including 2018.  I am not a SS or VA benefit recipient, and I don't have a return awaiting processing.  I get the same error for my wife, and for my son, who died in 2010 and therefore hasn't filed a return since 2009.  To all of those in the same situation, the IRS says there is nothing wrong on their end and basically blames the tax payer.  So what is going on? No one to call at the IRS.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I used direct debit for my 1040 payment in 2018 and the IRS did use that bank account to direct deposit the EIP into on Wednesday....but if you paid by check, then IRS does not have your banking info.

Many people are getting that Payment Info Not Available message, Im sure that will change at some point in the next few weeks....its a brand new system they threw together on the fly, the kinks need to be worked out.

The will be sending stimulus money out through the next several months, this isnt a now or never thing.  Its also an advance on a 2020 credit, so if for some bizarre reason you dont see your money this summer, you will get the credit on the 2020 tax return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rms911
Level 1

Thanks, I used direct debit as well, but still haven't seen a deposit.  I have read several media articles that quotes the IRS saying they will only use refund direct deposit info and not payment info.  Who knows what is going on with their online tool.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive read many articles as well...Im just telling you what happened for me personally...my direct debit account from 2018 (I did not file a 2019 return yet) was used for the direct deposit of the EIP.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪