Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Schedule D info

Barbfitzg
Level 1

I have info to be entered on Schedule D, via Form 8949. The program will not let me enter directly onto Schedule D or give me a Form 8949 on which to enter it.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
clr600
Level 8

From the D quickzoom to 1099B center there

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Don't know about basic, but in pro the entries are changed this year. For simple stock sales they are entered directly on schedule D  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes folks need to get a really sharp pair of scissors and run with them.  What's wrong with clicking on a few things here and there until you find the right spot?  It's not like the software is going to blow up if you enter something in a wrong box.  If nothing else, get a dull pair of scissors and create a dummy client to play around with in your time of need.

Slava Ukraini!
chasetax
Level 7

@IRonMaN  why should i create a 'dummy' client--i will just pick one of my own!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you need more, I can send a few of mine to you.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

My most popular... and most versatile client...is Test Taxpayer.  Some days he has kids, other day he ditches them for a business.  Even gets younger or older depending on his needs.