Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic withdrawal not accepted on 9325 - No notification on HomeBase

EmberCoaching
Level 1

Feature request - The Homebase dashboard should have the status of Form 9325 boxes 4 & 5 displayed along with showing the result in acknowledgements.  It is a simple Y/N question, was the withdrawal payment accepted or not.

Today, we have to waste time searching through for 9325 for each client to find out if the electronic payment due was accepted or wait for fan mail from the IRS saying the payment wasn't made.  Intuit knows this information from the IRS in order to fill out the 9325.  PLEASE tell us there was a problem with the payment in a convenient way! ie Homebase and acknowledgements, not 6 pages deep in pdf of the tax return on form 9325. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Your clients don't take any responsibility to check on whether or not they had money pulled from their account?

Slava Ukraini!
EmberCoaching
Level 1

The point is being missed.  The accept/reject payment data is available but not presented in a useful convenient way.

Sure, the client has responsibility.  But, I am not following up with all clients who have payments due.  May as well look at all the 9325s.  

The client pays me for piece of mind that all is taken care of related to taxes.  I pay Intuit for software with the expectation both my firm and its clients have piece of mind.  This feature request is every bit as important as knowing if an e-file return was accepted or rejected which that info is presented properly.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This has been a sporadic issue for 2 tax seasons now, I don't think we've ever seen if its on Intuits end or if its something that happens with certain banks or types of banks.   

I had it happen quite a bit in the 2018 tax season, I cant remember if I saw any during this last season, but I know other people did.

Do you see any common denominator with the ones that showed they weren't accepted but actually were?

Were they all a certain bank or were they all credit unions or anything like that?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
EmberCoaching
Level 1

Lisa, what you are talking about is the known issue of 9325 not being reported properly on the payment status.

What I am after is high visibility when there is a reject with the payment so I can investigate.  And, I don't want to ask clients nor do I want to open the return to look at the 9325.  The info should be on the Homebase dashboard just like e-file status.  I know in 2020, we can edit the Homebase layout.  However, the EF Center cannot be modified and it does not include the requested info.

In my case, we e-filed an extension on 7/15 and included a payment with no issues.  Funds were withdrawn timely by the IRS.  Then, we e-filed the return on 10/15 and the payment failed.  Nothing changed on the bank account or routing numbers and the payment amount on the final return was less than the amount on the extension.  Wells Fargo was the bank.

0 Cheers