Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Payment of 1Q 2021 Estimated Taxes not Withdrawn

Rbuddy
Level 1

Client's 1st quarter 2021 estimate was set up for electronic payment. It has still (as of April 25, 2021) not been withdrawn. Anyone else encountering this and do you know why the delay?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Read the dozens of posts already made on this, as well as the announcement posted by Intuit.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Here ya' go.... I took the time to look it up for you:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/delay-in-processing-fo...

Solved: 1040-ES payments not being withdrawn - Intuit Accountants Community

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hi there @Rbuddy ,

Please see this post about issues with the Q1 2021 Payments. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
MargaretJ
Level 2

Same for my clients. There was more than 1 release about this but they contradict one another. 1 said the payments are never going to happen, 1 said they will be withdrawn with the 2nd qtr estimate, & 1 said the IRS has fixed the problem & they will be electronically withdrawn utilizing the date of 4/15/21 (see below). Given the size of the payment, I don't want the payment to be withdrawn twice. I know which clients have been impacted but I don't know whether efforts to "correct it" will make matters worse. I am going to reach out to my IRS stakeholder liaison in the hopes that they can point me in the right direction.

This IRS alert was reassuring but now Proseries is saying this will NOT be happening:

QuickAlerts for Tax Professionals       April 22, 2021

Attention:  Return Transmitters and Authorized IRS e-file Providers/EROs

We identified a delay in processing Form 1040 balance due, Form 1040-X amended, and Form 1040-ES estimated tax payment requests submitted via Modernized e-File. The issue has been resolved, and pending payments are being processed. The taxpayer's account will be credited with the original requested payment date(s). Taxpayers should not re-submit these payments.  If a taxpayer re-submitted  any of these payment requests due to the delay in processing they may cancel them by calling 1-888-353-4537. Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, at least two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

0 Cheers