Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic filing

jcwincometax
Level 3

I'm adjusting to the program updates in Pro Series 2020.

When I try to electronically file a return, I get the following message:

"You don't have sufficient funds to authorize these returns. Click "Authorize" to add funds to your account"

Did I miss something? I have no idea what this means? I don't understand this message, I've always purchased a package large enough to include filing all the returns I expect to prepare. 

Also, do I need to request an electronic signature from the client before I'm able to file on their behalf?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It will say Baisc in your licensing (no matter which program youre using) because thats what you paid for, but are you actually using the Basic program or did you download professional by mistake?

If your toolbar looks like this, youre using Professional which would be Pay Per Return.

professionaltoolabr.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you sure youre using Basic and not Professional by mistake?

0 Cheers
jcwincometax
Level 3

Basic

0 Cheers
LeMarcia
Level 1

I am having this same problem. I paid for a Basic 50 package and went to print the tax return to review with my clients, but am being asked for contribution to my account. This is my first return to try to print this year.

0 Cheers
LeMarcia
Level 1

My License says this:

2020 Basic Fast Path (Download Only)

ProSeries Basic 50 Returns 1040 plus 2 states.

Isn't this BASIC?

Any idea of what would be a good number to call and what hours in PST?

0 Cheers
jcwincometax
Level 3

Have you been able to resolve the problem?  I still haven't. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It will say Baisc in your licensing (no matter which program youre using) because thats what you paid for, but are you actually using the Basic program or did you download professional by mistake?

If your toolbar looks like this, youre using Professional which would be Pay Per Return.

professionaltoolabr.png

0 Cheers
jcwincometax
Level 3

Thanks.  I'm going to reinstall Basic (not Professional) from the disc (not download online) and see if that fixes the problem.  

0 Cheers
jcwincometax
Level 3

Thank you!  I hadn't realized I installed Professional when Basic is what I need.  Problem solved.  Thank you again.