Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electronic estimated payments

taxcouple
Level 2

It appears that electronically scheduled federal estimated payments for 7/15/20 have not come out as scheduled.  Anyone else have this issue?

UPDATE:  Just spoke with ProSeries at 10:15am eastern time today (7/21/20) to check on the status of my case (combined 1st & 2nd Q estimates into just a 1st Q estimate).  The front line person that answered said the call center had just been informed to tell callers that ProSeries is currently in communication with the IRS to determine how to best handle this problem, and that ProSeries will be issuing an alert later today to let us know the steps to take.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen some complaints, both here and in the PS Facebook group, Ive alerted a Moderator, they are looking into it.

Have you called the EFW phone number to see if they show up as scheduled?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxcouple
Level 2

Yes - eftps does not show anything scheduled.

msmith7305
Level 7

They took mine. Right on time.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im wondering if it has to do with when 1st and 2nd qtrs ES were both scheduled for the same day. I added 1st and 2nd ES payments together into one payment on my clients returns, but I cant remember if I put it in the 1st qtr or 2nd qtr box.

0 Cheers
taxcouple
Level 2

Just curious - was yours coded as a 1st quarter payment or a 2nd quarter payment?  I noticed that the final review diagnostic for electronic payments showed '0' for an electronically scheduled 1st quarter, but correctly showed amounts for any subsequent electronically scheduled quarters.  I even tried coding the first two quarters as a 2nd quarter payment instead of as a 1st quarter (contrary to April Proseries guidance) just to see what the diagnostic indicated, and the diagnostic would then show the correct combined amount.  I called Proseries the evening of 7/14/20, and they confirmed the same diagnostic issue that I was having but said the first two quarters should still be reflected as a combined 1st quarter and that the electronic payments should still come out as scheduled.  I gave it until today, then checked with eftps and was told there was nothing scheduled for the first quarter, but that the 3rd & 4th quarters were in the system to be paid as scheduled.  Proseries has been informed, and I am told I will hear back from them within 48 hours.

CLam
Level 1

It happened to a couple of my clients too. I called Proseries. They said they sent everything to the IRS and asked me to call the IRS. I called the IRS and they said they weren't aware of the issue. They asked me to call the EFTPS. The EFTPS can't help either. Anyone knows what I should do?  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

EFTPS is different than the Efile Funds Withdrawal system I think, so I'm not sure if people are calling the right place.   You should be able to call this number and verify if a payment was scheduled (its all automated), it will ask for the bank account and the dollar amount

IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537

Is this where you called?

msmith7305
Level 7

ProSeries diagnostic told me that you could NOT have both 1st and 2nd ES payments marked for electronic withdrawal on the same day (July 15). So I left 1st blank, combined both 1 and 2 into #2 and checked the box to indicate take #2 electronically and marked the box of #2 to indicate it was the first one to withdraw.

Went through with no issues on July 15 for the correct amount of payment. 

taxcouple
Level 2

For clarification, I did not have both boxes checked - I only had the 1st Q box checked.  When ProSeries came out with guidance on this issue in April they said to check the 1st Q box and leave the 2nd Q box unchecked.  I appreciate you confirming that checking & using the 2nd Q as the combined estimate instead of the 1st Q is what worked.  Still haven't heard back from ProSeries, but I'm wondering how many other folks had the problem I did when they used the April guidance and checked/used the 1st Q box for the combined payment.

0 Cheers

Same issue. Have a client scheduled for 7/15 according to original guidance. No activity as of yet.  what's the workaround?  Schedule a direct pay???

0 Cheers

did you hear back.  I have a client still no est payment activity as of 7/21.  where do you preview the "efps"?

0 Cheers

I used their guidance but it didn't work.  Any solution?  Maybe do a direct pay? 

0 Cheers

Thank YOU!!  Called this # and verified the 1st payment, Q2, did not process nor is/was scheduled.  the other two est pymts are scheduled.  Now verified, discussed direct pay as solution to get paid.  Intuit  no they cannot help since already filed.  At least now know. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537

Correction.  Q1 checked, not Q2.

0 Cheers
mjbcpa
Level 1

We have 4 affected returns. 1st & 2nd quarter estimated  payments were combined into one payment in the first quarter slot. 2nd quarter was listed as zero. None of these payments have been withdrawn from bank accounts and as of today are 6 days late. We called ProSeries on 7/15/20 and were assured the information was transferred to IRS.  From what I’m reading it appears this may not be the case. I would make the payments a different way if I knew the e-filed estimated payments weren’t also going to come out. I can’t have taxpayers double-paying their 1st & 2nd quarter estimated payments - or overdrawing their back account.  Even if ProSeries gets the payments to go through, who is going to pay the underpayment penalties for these late payments?

0 Cheers
mjbcpa
Level 1

We called this number today and on 7/15/20 and the payments are not scheduled. 

0 Cheers